Saturday, 12 August 2017

cherries and wine, rosemary and thyme



Jacket and shirt- vintage, sunglasses and jeans- Topshop, boots- River Island

Ethan took these photos when I stayed with him last month. I have been craving summer walks and dreamy days spent reading, writing and talking in parks. We are finally getting some sun even though it rained all day on my birthday this week. It always seems to rain on my birthday in England. Perks of having a summer birthday. Summer is much more difficult to dress for than autumn or winter in the UK because the weather is so unpredictable. I bought the shirt I'm wearing a couple of years ago for like £3 in a local charity shop. It shines so beautifully in the sun. I am obsessed with clothing that catches the light at the moment.



I wrote about my love of the colour gold two years ago, and this love has evolved into an adoration of anything that catches the light. Shiny, yet muted pieces grab attention without being too showy. There is something expensive looking about clothes that reflect sunlight. Perhaps they remind us of metallic jewellery and other typical symbols of wealth. They are dreamlike and romantic. Satin and sequins are more commonly associated with winter and its accompanying festivities, but summer is the season that brings out the full potential of these fabrics.

Here is a selection of my favourite pieces that would shine in the sun-


Flower print blouse, Fendi, £1,250, via Farfetch


Stud earrings, Topshop, £7.50


Floral quilted jacket, Etro, £2,740 via Matches Fashion


Vinyl frill skirt, River Island, £32


Satin bodysuit, Fleur du Mal, £300 via net-a-porter


Quilted scarf, H&M, £19.99


Bodysuit, Cushnie et Ochs, £431, via farfetch


Paisley shirt, Zara, £29.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...