Saturday, 4 July 2015

teen dream

I know that the internet is already over saturated with prom pics, but we looked so good. My facebook feed is cluttered with an endless stream of photos from prom at the moment, but I don't mind too much because the evening actually managed to surpass all my expectations. I'm not big on school spirit or whatever (meaning that if I had powers like Carrie I probably would have used them to electrocute most of the people there) (I'm kidding) (or am I...?) but I had such a good time. The weather was warm and dry so we could spend time outside to escape the macarena. Towards the end we lived a Sofia Coppola movie by running down to the green to lie in the grass and watch lightning light up the sky. When I got home the rain and thunder and lightning started to throw themselves against the streets around me whilst I lay on my bed trying to crystallise every moment in my journal. Here are some of the photos from last night. We spent a long time in my garden taking photos and drinking sangria before we left but I didn't take any when we got there because I broke my phone, but luckily Antonio took some and there was a photobooth. 



Matt, Alice, Antonio, Me


Me, Antonio, Laura




Me, Antonio, Laura


Antonio, Me


Alice.


Me, Antonio, Laura. (Re-enacting Lily Rose Depp's sixteenth birthday party.)




Antonio.


Sneaking out at the end of the evening with Laura and Antonio to live "Marie Antoinette" and "The Virgin Suicides" and try not to get struck by lightning. 

My dress was from Beyond Retro. I got it months ago and it was the first one that I tried on, which is a stark contrast to Year 11 prom when I couldn't find one until the week before and didn't like it very much. I think I'll keep this year's dress in case there are any formal events at uni.

Although summer started over two weeks ago, I feel like it has restarted because leavers ball is the last school event other than results day. I've spent most days so far reading in the garden. I've almost finished Jane Austen's "Emma" and realised that "Clueless" literally stole the whole plot, but I'm really enjoying it and I think it's one of my favourite books. Other than that everything else has just been Alexander McQueen related (the exhibition and the play.) Tomorrow I'm doing Run or Dye in the morning, going to the Cherry picnic and seeing The Jesus and Mary Chain! I've been looking forward to tomorrow for ages as it's the busiest day I have planned all summer. Also THIS is Very Important.

I hope you're having a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Your dress is so wonderful!! So glad you're enjoying Emma- her father is so funny:)) It's also funny watching Clueless after reading Emma because you start to notice all the little details that they've taken from Emma! xx

    queeenpriscilla.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I finished Emma this morning and loved it overall. I'm gonna rematch Clueless this evening!

      Delete
  2. Your dress looks so good! You're like a movie star or something

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU'RE SEEING THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN? Whoa my levels of jealousy have skyrocketed. Also you look like a BOMBSHELL in that dress man, and it is so perfect. Sounds like your prom was hella fun man!!!

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY WERE SO AMAZING OMG!! Thank you :) yeah it was fun x

      Delete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...