Saturday, 25 July 2015

sound and colour





I wore this outfit last week and it felt very pagan. The earthy colours made me think of when Antonio, Ellie and I accidentally climbed a tree filled with bugs nests. My wardrobe is dominated by dark and neutral colours at the moment. The past year or so I've been obsessed with clothing that is high quality and interestingly structured or patterned but with a very, well, vanilla colour scheme. Whilst I don't quite agree with Anna Wintour that we shouldn't wear head-to-toe black (how am I meant to look like a left-bank poet/summer goth without all black?), I do want to inject some more colour into my closet. This revelation mostly came about after reading this post on Style Bubble. Straight after reading it I dramatically flung open my wardrobe and threw all my bright clothes on the floor. I could only make about three outfits out of the clothes that were real bursts of colour. I packed them in my suitcase (I go on holiday for two weeks today!) then put it to the back of my mind.





However, I was reminded yesterday when I walked into town with Antonio. He was wearing grey, I black. We talked about it and I realised that I'm just bored with dark and neutral colours. When I wear black I can fall into the habit of taking myself too seriously, but it's summer now so when is a better time for relaxing your normal gothic fashion bitch persona? I will compile a post filled with bright colours when I get back from
Kefalonia. I won't be posting for 2 weeks because there's no wifi there and it will be relaxing to have a break from the internet. I'm writing this at the airport because my plane is delayed by 2 hours. Lastly, I finished and uploaded issue 7 of Pretty last night. You can download a PDF copy now (http://etsy.me/1OFMYQk) and a paper copy will be available to order in 2 weeks. Have a fabulous fortnight xoxo

6 comments:

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...