Saturday, 21 February 2015

love will tear us apart


Jumper- thrifted
Jeans- Topshop
Doc Martens


I've been researching a lot about Lee Alexander McQueen lately. I booked tickets for Savage Beauty at the V&A for the weekend after my final exam in the summer, so on Thursday I watched the documentary "McQueen and I" (that you can see on YouTube) and yesterday on the train home from London I read the article on him in the Spring/Summer 2015 issue of AnOther Magazine. It was not until I watched "McQueen and I" that I realised what an unassuming designer he was; how much his presentation of himself differed from this genius artistic vision that he put forward to this world through his collections. This is something I love about him. It's very clever and it's very punk. Last night I watched the Autumn/Winter 1995 show, titled "Highland Rape" and it was so shocking and harrowing but I couldn't tear my eyes away. A 30-minute fashion show usually has me reaching for my phone to scroll through tumblr but this one was so fascinating; from the way that some models staggered down the runway whilst others stormed angrily, throwing up a middle finger as they turned and the garments that ranged from ripped, disarrayed, nudity displaying tartan to chic blouses and pencil skirts, everything came together to create this conceptual world that was far from a heavenly vision but displayed McQueen’s raw, multifaceted genius. 


I've been journalling: 






Holly Fulton Fall 2015

My favourite collection from London Fashion Week so far has to be Holly Fulton. The pieces epitomise simplistic elegance, with delicate silk and chiffon fabrics played off against statement earrings and luxurious furs. Adding innovation to a collection that otherwise appears to be a celebration of classical beauty, Fulton adds bold hexagonal shades and a pink latex (?) type fabric. I adore the romantic colour spectrum of this collection. The bursts of green come across as quite shocking in contrast, but next to the romantic pinks and creams they could symbolise new life- not usually synonymous with Autumn but summer seems to get later and later each year so garden party dresses may be wearable until October at least.




This is probably my favourite dress from the collection. It reminds me of the detail in pieces that the Mulleavy sisters design for Rodarte. The colours and fabrics clash, but brilliantly so, and the embellishments add an intricately artistic impression.


Colourful faux fur has been a much coveted look these past few seasons. Below the knee adds extra obnoxiously extravagant elegance and looking obnoxious, extravagant and elegant is ALWAYS the goal.


Job interview looks Autumn 2k15


The romantic beauty of this dress truly reminds me of a Valentino couture gown. Just wow.


Snow Queen

Half term is nearly over and next term I'll start revision so will probably slow down with blogging. I'm excited for the rest of the Fall 2015 collections though and hopefully that will get me through the first few weeks of the next term. 
Have a good weekend xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Your diary is so beautiful I love it ! It really is a goal of mine for March to journal a lot more !

    xx, Charlie.
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you <3 it took me ages to get into the routine of journalling but now it's so addictive x

      Delete
  2. i love love love your outfit - that jumper is gorgeous ah! xx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outift! I wish I had the patience for journaling but I never quite manage to keep it up :( Inspiring post as always <3

    www.miriamwoodburn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I go through phases of journalling everyday and then sometimes I go weeks without even touching it! xx

      Delete
  4. Those dresses are so whimsical and stunning! Thanks for introducing us to the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dresses are so whimsical and stunning! Thanks for introducing us to the collection!

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...