Saturday, 8 November 2014

portugal photo diary


A couple of weeks ago I went to Portugal for ten days, as my dad's friend has a villa out there that we went to for the first time four years ago. I loved the views in the more tropical environment and all the architecture was lovely. Everything's really colourful but nearer the cities the building look so neat and white. I also adore the atmosphere in small Portuguese towns. Culturally it is so different to being in the UK. There seems to be a stronger sense of community and it's much less materialistic. I spent most of the time reading, lying in the sun and eating multiple vegetable kebabs (seemingly the only vegetarian option available) at some lovely restaurants.


On our second night there I wore my American Apparel bodysuit, Miss Selfridge shorts and New Look sandals. I tried to style some outfits that I had never worn before so I have a number of photos ready for future outfit posts. I haven't had a chance to wear this bodysuit much because I bought it in September and it has got colder and colder since then.


The beaches were beautiful, but the sea was mostly too choppy to swim in. I spent the morning of the first day of November on the beach listening to Lorde and reading F. Scott Fitzgerald short stories. It seems surreal now that I'm home to such a dark and damp winter. We went shopping one day and I bought a faux fur gilet from a Portuguese shop that I can't pronounce the name of. On Halloween the tennis club held an October Fest where literally all the food and drink was free which was lovely because they had nice rosé but not so great because the only vegetarian food available was plain salad. Cool.


I will post further photos from Portugal in the coming weeks. I hope that you all have a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you liked my country! It is a shame you missed the amazing sunny days - probably the last ones till next summer!
    I really like your sparkling shorts, they look stunning on you!

    Filipa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely. We had really nice weather when we were there! We were staying in the Algarve. Thank you x

      Delete
  2. Portugal is sooo beautiful- and I love that 2nd outfit.

    //kani
    velveteenstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to go to Portugal one day, seems like such a beautiful place. Stunning pictures by the way !

    Charlie xx
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go if you get the chance; especially September/October time. Thank you x

      Delete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...