Saturday, 15 November 2014

hiding from the rainfall


This morning I finished reading Tennessee Williams' memoirs. I loved them but it made me sad because I would have very much liked to write to Tennessee Williams if he was still alive. I thought that of the women I read about in "Women of the Beat Generation." It's my own fault, I suppose, for tending to read books by/about the dead. However, I am also reading "How I Live Now" at the moment and I got the chance to speak briefly to Meg Rosoff in person a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps I'll write a letter to her.

Nothing of much consequence happened this week, but last night I finally watched Kill Your Darlings, which I did enjoy though I was slightly disappointed by it. That's probably because I had wanted to see it for so long, but I didn't particularly like its portrayal of the early days of the Beat Generation. There wasn't one character that I was particularly fond of, even though Dane DeHaan is hot as Lucien Carr and Allen Ginsberg is bae. I complain but there were some great parts and I still recommend that you watch it.




Today I wore a faux fur scarf that was a gift, Primark chain necklace, thrifted dress, belt from Portugal and Rocketdog shoes. I look like I'm going out to a posh restaurant but really I just went to the library to run the arts and crafts club.
In the below outfit that I wore in Portugal, I am wearing River Island sunglasses, Republic top, dungarees that were a gift and Nike Air Force 1s.





Defacing books usually makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable, but every time I pick up my copy of "Wuthering Heights" another cluster of pages falls out so I didn't see the trouble is tearing out the page with one of my favourite passages on it and sticking it in my journal. I bought the sheet music from a charity shop, the other images on the right hand page are from Pop magazine.


From an editorial in Hunger magazine, quotes from my tumblr written onto post-it note paper, photo from Rookie meet up October 2013. Bookmark that I got when I bought a couple of books at Shakespeare & Co. in Paris last year in the summer, extract from "The Second Coming" by Yeats.

I hope you all have a good weekend! Here is some music I've been listening to lately:

3 comments:

  1. Awesome style and post!

    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow nice outfit!
    Jeans - Try to visit www.robecart.com they have nice shoes, handbags, dresses and accessories too!

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...