Saturday, 4 October 2014

i love love


This school year is so different to last year. I only study three subjects now (English Literature, History and Sociology) so a lot of the time it is entirely down to me to choose how to spend my time. That said, I have been keeping myself busy. I volunteer at the library every Saturday where I run craft sessions for children. I can decide on the theme and activity then ask the library to get the right materials, so it's quite a creative outlet seeing as I don't do much crafty sort of art aside from the odd collage for the rest of the year. Tomorrow I am going to London to see The Private Apartment of Mademoiselle Chanel exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery. I feel like my life is becoming more cohesive this year. I have had so many more opportunities and freedom to accept them. I feel more comfortable with myself than I thought I ever could or would.
I have felt a bit of a mad panic that this is my last year as an Official Teenager, when I’ve wasted most of my adolescence relating far too much to this Morrissey quote: “I was never young. This idea of fun: cars, girls, Saturday night, bottle of wine... to me, these things are morbid. I was always attracted to people with the same problems as me. It doesn't help when most of them are dead.” Perhaps it is just that I have matured and these things are no longer "morbid" to me. Instead I associate them with being and feeling alive.





These photos are from one day last week. I forget which one, as the days are all starting to blur into one and everyday I exchange complaints with the lady who works in the sixth form cafe about how it should be the weekend already as I pay for my coffee then shuffle away exhaustedly. 
The night before I wore this, I dreamt that I was at a dinner part with Elizabeth Jane Bishop and Charlie Barker where Charlie kept saying to me, "It's all about the pastel vintage clothes" and I was like "Yar, ya, yeaahhh" because obviously I've known that since like 2012. 



I'm wearing sunglasses from Primark, top from American Apparel, kimono jacket from Forever 21, skirt from American Apparel and boots from boohoo.com. I'm really happy that I can get away with wearing the top to school with a jacket over it, because otherwise it shows my SHOULDERS!! RUN FOR SAFETY!!

I don't know if I wrote about it on here, but I submitted an article about Johnny Marr's lyrics, to his fanzine "Dynamic" and it got accepted. Johnny tweeted about it when it was released on the day before I went back to school, so I was like "muuuum I don't have to go back to school now: I've made it!!" Below is the article as it appears in the zine. You can read the whole of "Dynamic" here.


8 comments:

  1. i love your outfit, especially your skirt! i can't believe you only study three subjects you're so lucky urgh :') also congrats on the fanzine that's so cool!

    http://lost--at-sea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) ugh, i know, it's bliss haha! <3

      Delete
  2. love your outfit! I'm in the same year of sixth form as you, so I relate so much to this post>

    www.miriamwoodburn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! haha I hope you're enjoying it and not too stressed about ucas etc :')

      Delete
  3. I love the outfit, I'm sure it would look perfect in about every situation. Also congratulations for making it into the zine, you must be so happy !

    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfit is incredible!!!

    http://edensamuelsjournal.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...