Saturday, 27 September 2014

with a kiss i'd pass the key

I still have some outfits that I wore over the summer that I have not yet posted. I will stagger them out over the next few weeks and hopefully upload some more recent outfits that are more weather appropriate soon. It is not truly autumnal yet so nude tights are wearable without freezing your legs off. I wore a t-shirt without a jacket when I went on a walk today, so I guess that my summer looks do not seem too foreign at this time of year.


I haven't posted any outfits of mine in over a month. School is busy and by the time I get home I look such a mess and I'm too hot and tired to set up the tripod and take photos. I've been back at school for 3 weeks now and I like being back to the routine, though I wish I had more time for keeping up with fashion month. I've spent most of my time writing essays, listening to "Horses" by Patti Smith and checking Style.com.
This weekend is the first completely free weekend I've had since returning to school. I had a horror film marathon last night and I've finished the 6th issue of my zine. I will be scanning it and uploading it to Etsy tomorrow. It is the last issue of the year and I'm sad that it is over. I definitely would not have time to continue publishing monthly issues on top of A Levels, uni applications and running the school magazine though. I've been going on lots of runs lately to clear my head and de-stress. I recently went to see the Old Vic production of "A Streetcar Named Desire" at the cinema. I had never seen a theatre show at the cinema before. It was really well done because there was a revolving in the round stage which meant we got to see the stage from all different angles. It was a lot easier to catch subtle movements because the camera zoomed in so we got the equivalent of a front row view.
Next weekend I'm going to the Saatchi Gallery to see an exhibition of photographs of Coco Chanel's apartment. Although I have studied similar photographs in the various biographies I have, it will be lovely to see every section of the apartment and view it in the same space as I saw the Little Black Jacket exhibition two years ago.






I started reading Jane Eyre last week. I thought that I would find it really difficult to get into but I have been getting through it quite quickly and I love it. I used to not have a particular fondness for anything written pre-20th century (other than Oscar Wilde) but reading "Wuthering Heights" earlier this year was magical and Jane Eyre is turning out to be similarly enticing. I also like how the most famous female writers were around in that era. Although their novels were originally published under male pseudonyms, the Brontes and Jane Austen are probably the most famous female writers of all time, yet works by women did not get such widespread and timeless recognition until the second half of the 20th century and even then they were still very much overshadowed by their male counterparts. I read this today, so I have been thinking about it a lot.




My hat, sunglasses and necklace are all from Primark. If I ever go in there it's only for accessories because hello £2 sunglasses. Top and jacket are both from Pull & Bear. I got them from Portugal and I am going back to the same place next month. My skirt is from New Look. My socks are Topshop and shoes from Rocketdog. 
I hope that you all have a good week. I will review the Private Apartment of Mademoiselle Chanel exhibition soon. I HAVE JUST SEEN COMME DES GARCONS' LATEST COLLECTION OMG COLLECTIVE GASP GUYS. Tell me what you think of it in the comments!!!

12 comments:

  1. Patti Smith is a jem and I love this outfit tons!

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is an absolute queen!! thank you <3

      Delete
  2. Your outfit is everything AND SO IS JANE EYRE.

    http://anaruizwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm half way through now and oh my god it's SO GOOD.

      Delete
  3. Love your outfit and these pics, everything about this post is so pretty!
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the outfit, especially the shoe and sock combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Ruffle socks and loafers are my daily uniform haha :)

      Delete
  5. love your outfit, especially the sunglasses and ruffle socks! i've only read excerpts from jane eyre but i loved it and especially loved the film with orson welles!

    http://lost--at-sea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit! I read "Wuthering Heights" when I was in high school and loved it. The song "Wuthering Heights" by Kate Bush is one of my favorites because of that. And please review the Comme collection! I'm excited to hear your thoughts about it!

    Raissa | The Leather Fanny Pack
    Enter my $50 perfume giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...