Monday, 24 February 2014

we may be hidden by rags but we've something they'll never have

On Thursday I went to London Fashion Weekend at Somerset House. I purchased Bronze tickets and there were no spaces left in any of the fashion shows. However, the sartorial inspiration was in no way lacking. I took some photographs of the outfits that captured my attention the most. Overall, the event was a fashion filled fantasy with free Maybelline makeup demonstrations and special deals on everything from designer labels to coffee machines. It was a really exciting place to be and I'm looking forward to hopefully going again in September. 


Outside the event
Fancy decor inside
My favourite room was filled with clothes by designers such as Marcus Lupfer and Bella Freud, above which hung metallic silver balloons. It was really lovely to see- not only in this room but in many others too- clothes in the flesh that I had viewed as part of collections on style.com. It was especially lovely to be in the presence of Bella Freud's 'Ginsberg is God, Goddard is Dog' jumper which I have lusted after for so long. I plan on recreating my own version of it and maybe save up for the candle too (is £37 for a candle too excessive?)


Um...I need this jumper.


Their hair is on-point. Obviously their outfits are gorgeous too, however I always notice that when in London there are so many more exciting hair styles and colours. The outfit on the left looks like nightwear which is uber cool. The shoes are wonderful also. 


I was wearing a Vero Moda coat, Marc B handbag, Smiths t-shirt from Camden market (more on that later), butterfly trousers from Primark, socks from Topshop and shoes from Rocketdog. 


This was my favourite outfit out of all the outfits that I saw on Thursday. There is detail in every aspect of it from the hat and sunglasses to the shoes and socks. It inspired me to try and accessorise more and not be afraid of pairing lots of statement pieces.


These girls all looked so glamorous. All the trousers are beautiful. I love the outfit on the left because it is quite smart and formal looking but the burst of colour sourced from the neon bag livens it up and the subtle pattern on the trousers adds a delicate elegance. The opulent pattern on the middle pair of trousers is what caught my eye upon first glance (along the studded shoes on the right.) The coat also has a comfortable and warm yet stylish looking texture. The shoes on the girl standing on the right are my favourite. They are so stunning but I wouldn't fancy walking around London all day in them! Furthermore, the colour of the trousers is very beautiful.


These three look intimidatingly cool. They pull off the all black everything look flawlessly. The skirt on the left, the jacket in the middle and the shoes on the right are my favourite items in this picture. Actually, all the shoes are gorgeous and I love every part of the middle outfit. These people all look so well groomed and have really cool hair. 

Fashion shows on the projector near the entrance

These girls look so ~hip. I saw a mass of denim and headed in their direction. Then I saw the fur coat too and decided that I must photograph them. I love the baggy pastel dyed jeans paired with the boots. It just looks so cool- especially with the hairstyle and jacket as well. From a distance the middle look could seem like more double denim but up close it is just an example of excellent colour coordination. The Converses add to this chilled out vibe that is present among the two girls on the right. The girl on the left, however, is like the more glamorous friend with a chic fur coat and oversized handbag. I love photographing people in groups and I find that in London well-dressed people hang out together. It seems like they are all starring in a film with specifically designed costumes or something.


I love this girl's outfit because it seems really teen, but well coordinated nonetheless. The little plaits in her hair add to the laidback look emphasised through the jacket and the shoes.


On Thursday it was 30 years since The Smiths' self-titled debut album was released. I celebrated by wearing my Smiths t-shirt, listening to the album on vinyl in the morning and the evening as well as tweeting all my favourite lyrics from the album. It is a fantastic album and is still as beautiful 30 years after its release. I thoroughly recommend that you listen to it in its entirety although my favourite songs are 'Reel Around The Fountain', 'The Hand That Rocks The Cradle' and 'Still Ill.' 


In other music history, today would be George Harrison's 71st birthday if not for his sad and untimely death in 2001. I shall commemorate this by crying to 'All Things Must Pass.'

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I went to fashion week, but had nobody to go with and literally no clue how it works, so I only managed to get street style snaps... great experience, though! These people are soooooo fash, fab choices (btw loving the new hair)

    http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I went with my mum :') I first asked people for photos when I went to the Meadham Kirchhoff: Fashion In Motion in December and it doesn't make me so nervous any more. So far everyone has loved the idea of being photographed! Yes, the atmosphere is so fantastic. Thank you thank you <3

      Delete
  2. I love the pictures in this!
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...