Sunday, 1 December 2013

heaven is a place on the high street

Topshop currently contains some phenomenally perfect collections. The garments are so artistic and creatively fuelled and the cultural references are on point. I have styled some of my favourite pieces in Polyvore collages. The first few are from 'Margot's World' based on the character of Margot Tenenbaum (who else??) from Wes Anderson's 'The Royal Tenenbaums.' Margot's wardrobe is cool and preppy. When I think of her style I think of long fur coats, childlike hairclips and cigarettes.



margot's world part 1
margot's world part 2
margot's world part 3
margot's world part 4
margot's world part 4 by stylejunkiee featuring a pink sweatshirt



Secondly, we have the 'This Is England' collection. When I think 'This Is England' I think box fringes, Fred Perry polo shirts, bomber jackets, rolled up denim jeans and Doc Martens. Here are some pieces from Topshop that I have styled:



this is england part 1
this is england part 2



this is england part 3
this is england part 4



Last but definitely, definitely not least: Meadham Kirchhoff for Topshop. I adore the concept behind this collection. Having looked at the different fictional girl band members, I think that I am probably most like Cherry Cherie but I would like to be more like Cherry Blossom. Regardless, there are some wondrous pieces from each member of The Cherrys. It is very Courtney Love inspired, much like their fabulous Spring/Summer 2012 collection. This Topshop collection is so through and through classic Meadham Kirchhoff. It is the kitschness that runs in the veins of the label at its best.


meadham kirchhoff for topshop part 1
meadham kirchhoff for topshop part 2
meadham kirchhoff for topshop part 5
meadham kirchhoff for topshop part 4
meadham kirchhoff for topshop part 3
meadham kirchhoff for topshop part 6
meadham kirchhoff for topshop part 6 by stylejunkiee featuring Topshop


I adore all of these collections and they thoroughly restore my faith in high street shopping. Topshop is one of my favourite shops and I love their creativity. There is never a boring moment in these collections.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely styling! I adore the Meadham Kirchhoff for Topshop collection, rly wish I had the money for some of those pieces! I wrote a little something about it on my blog too...
    xxx
    http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I wish I had a tonne of money to spend in Topshop! Your post is fabulous xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can I have it all? hahah! I love the outfits inspired by Margot.

    xo, Liz
    www.casualconcern.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...