Friday, 28 June 2013

Oversized Watches

I am a firm believer that very few things in life should be done half heartedly. Timekeeping should be done boldly and elegantly. I adore oversized watches at the moment. I think that sometimes people who wear watches are perceived as more organised (a myth) so you may as well wear a chunky watch and show off your virtuous qualities (even if it's all a lie.)

My watch is quite sporty. It is a Fruitz watch by Philip Stein. It's apparently supposed to destress and help you sleep but I think that is probably just marketing bullshit. Once it gave me a rash on my wrist but that was probably because I was wearing it too tight. I do like it but would like to buy a cheap watch that is more formal. I yearn for one of the watches in this collage.

To avoid this being a pointless post about watches I have added a playlist and some quotes about time. 


Oversized Watches



La Mer jewelry, £45 / La Mer jewelry, £57 / Mimco , £130 / Marc by Marc Jacobs fitness watch / Oris sport watch / Daniel Wellington leather strap watch / Nine West jewelry / Olivia Burton watch / Kate Spade watch, £165 / Artificial Trees, Artificial Palm Trees, Artificial Plants, Faux..., £28



QUOTES>>


My favourite people on the topic of time


“Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door. ”~ Coco Chanel

"Punctuality is the thief of time"~ Oscar Wilde

“They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.”~ Andy Warhol

"The passing of time and all of its sickening crimes is making me sad again"~ Morrissey


Other people on the topic of time

"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted"~ Marthe Troly-Curtin

"Time is an illusion"~ Albert Einstein 

"The future is uncertain but the end is always near"~ Jim Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...