Friday, 25 January 2013

Liebster Award No.2


A few weeks ago Donna from Pretty Sparkly Things nominated me for the award. For the award I must do the following:

  • Post eleven random facts about myself and answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated me
  • Pass on the award to eleven other blogs (let them know that I've nominated them) and write eleven questions for them to answer
  • You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you
  • The blogs you choose must have 200 followers or less

I thought that it would also be relevant to mention that Liebster is German for beloved or favourite which is sweet.


Facts About Me:


  1. I am obsessed with The Smiths.
  2. I would have loved to live in Paris in the '20s minus the racism/sexism. 
  3. At the moment there are no chai tea bags or biscuits in the house and that makes me sad :(
  4. I'm getting a Tibetan terrier puppy on 9th February. 
  5. However, I'm actually quite scared of dogs. I'm used to dogs I see often so I'm looking forward to getting a dog of my own and hopefully overcoming the fear completely. 
  6. Today, I was so tired I wanted to go to sleep in history class, which doesn't normally happen because history is my favourite subject and our teacher's really bubbly. 
  7. I'm a bit addicted to coffee. 
  8. I've hardly listened to any music other than The Smiths this month. 
  9. I just watched Trevor McDonald's Life on Death Row and it disturbed me quite a lot and I decided that I was against the death penalty when I saw the bed the criminals being killed get strapped down on before being given the lethal injection. 
  10. I love horror films but they do really scare me. 
  11. As I write this 11th fact it is exactly 11pm. 

Questions from Donna

What blog post would you write if you could do ANYTHING?  Pretend that you'd have money, great camera and lighting equipment (if necessary), as many assistants as you needed, you could be anywhere, and you'd look great in any type of clothing.

This is such a hard question but I think I would have to make it a really long post about fashion throughout the 20th Century. My assistants and I would travel to venues that fitted the theme for each decade. The 1900s one would be a really grand house with a huge chandelier and I would be in a big pink dress. The 1910 one would be taken inside a Titanic-esque ship. The 1920s one would be set in a New York City speakeasy. In the '30s I would stand outside Chanel's rue Cambon boutique in a Chanel suit. The 1940s one would be set in a Parisian cafe. 1950s in a classic car driving through a desert in America. 1960s would be standing by a white picket fence in a pastel shift dress. 1970s I would be sat in the middle of a field in a hippie-esque costume. 1980s would be outside the Salford Lads Club in Manchester dressed in a Morrissey inspired outfit. For the 1990s I would have to re-enact Cher Horowitz's yellow plaid suit from Clueless with the large mobile phone of course. Then I would accompany this with heaps of engaging text about fashion history and the historical context of it all. Hell, I'm going to do this post (minus the more extravagant parts.)

What color clothing do you have the most of?

On the whole, my wardrobe is quite colourful but the colour I probably own the most of is probably black. Cue meaningful quotes about wearing black: 'I wear black on the outside because it's how I feel on the inside'-The Smiths // Unloveable. All the lyrics in Johnny Cash's 'Man in Black.' 'Black wipes out everything else around'- Coco Chanel. Mostly I just own a lot of black because it matches anything else you wear.

Have you done any collaborations yet?

I have interviewed several other bloggers for various posts that I have posted. For the festive season I did a guest post for Jennifer at http://beautyconfessionsofabiggirl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/guest-post-alternatives-to-lbd.html.

What are your hobbies?

Reading, writing, blogging, listening to The Smiths and Lana Del Rey, watching Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl, photography, guitar, tennis and running. 

What subjects do you like to read about?

Coco Chanel, history, fashion and the roaring twenties.

What are your favourite TV programmes?

Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, Some Girls, the Work Experience and Misfits.

What makes you the happiest about your blog?

Receiving comments from the lovely people who read it.

Do you have any pet peeves about blogs? Is there something that makes you decide NOT to read a blog post?

I like it when you can tell that the blogger is passionate about what they are writing. I think you can tell immediately if they have not enjoyed writing the post. However, this would not make me decide not to read a blog post because I know that it's sometimes hard to find the motivation and inspiration to put together a brilliant post and I sometimes see blogging as a chore.

What social media do you like best?

I find it really hard to grasp the concept of Twitter and have never got on well with it. For networking for my blog I like Independent Fashion Bloggers and for general procrastination I like tumblr. I also love snapshotting my life with Instagram.

Do you like reading about celebrity fashion? Why or why not?

There are certain celebrities whose style I admire like Alexa Chung and Zooey Deschanel because I think that their style is individual and fits their personalities but other than them most of my style icons are now dead or fictional. I dislike how celebrities can be 'best dressed' of the year when they have a stylist to advise them about everything and the stylist gets little or no recognition. 

Is there anything that you wish that you could do more of with your blog?

I wish I had the time and the resources to do more photo shoots and fashion DIYs. 

The 11 Blogs I Nominate

Rosie + The Wolf
Llamalina
Nymphet Lollipop Blog
The Lovelorn
Frugal, Flirty N Fab
Haute Inhabit
Flair Mavens
Mode of Style
Une Petite Touche
Hopeless Anorak
P For Pearl

11 Questions for these bloggers to answer


  1. Who are your favourite band of all time?
  2. Which blog/blogger do you look up to most?
  3. Who are your 5 favourite celebrities/famous historical figures?
  4. Who/what are you currently obsessing about/currently like/love a lot?
  5. If your life had a soundtrack what songs would be on it?
  6. What is your favourite movie genre?
  7. What are your favourite movies and why?
  8. What would be your dream job?
  9. What is your current occupation?
  10. What is your favourite high street shop?
  11. What album do you have playing on repeat at the moment?

5 comments:

  1. your blog is lovely <33 i just followed

    http://rabbitandthewomp.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dani <3 I love your blog too :) I've followed back and left you a comment x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I suppose you could but I think the point is to keep the award circulating so you do a post and write facts about yourself, answer the questions, nominate eleven blogs and then ask questions for those bloggers to answer x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination, I wish I could nominate you back haha I love your blog. I'll let you know when I post my answers to your questions and my nominations!

    Thanks again!

    Hope
    xx

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...