Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Scarf Shock {Part One}

I had to split this into parts because I just had too many super-duper interesting things to write about ;)

My Scarf Story

I remember doing ballet for a while. I started when I was four and stopped when I was five or six because, let's be honest, I was ABSOLUTELY HOPELESS. We have a video of my performance; half the time I am standing still and picking my nose and the other half I am watching the others and then copying them a few seconds after they have finished that part of the routine. I genuinely was that one girl who made the rest look shit. One of the reasons I stuck the lessons out so long though was because of the pretty scarves that we got to wave around the room. I haven't just made this up because I like fashion now so it sounds like a nice story. My favourite part of every ballet class genuinely was choosing which colour and/or patterned scarf we wanted to run around the room holding. I can remember the smell of them to this day. My mum actually said that on my induction lesson I wanted to continue not because of the dances or the good toe/naughty toe routine but because of the scarves. 

Shocked by Scarves

We have now pretty much arrived at the time of year where scarves become so much more than just a chic accessory. They are pretty much essential if you do not want to contract a breed of nasty lergy-cold-flu-winter-chest-disease but that isn’t to say that they can’t look good. A scarf is a wonderful, versatile accessory. Worn as a necktie by most and worn tied round a bag, round the head, up the leg, used as a belt or to customise other items by the more creatively inclined. Here is my pick of the best of the best of the best for all occasions; 

Prints Charming- for shopping

The Inspiration:

-Street Style
-British High Street
-Street Style sections in magazines
-Street Style blogs (Face Hunter, The Sartorialist, Vanessa Jackman) 
-Personal Style blogs (Karla's Closet, Fashion Toast, Style Scrapbook) 
-Stylish people I see when I'm out shopping whose outfits I glare at longingly


Scarf Shock {Prints Charming}


Knit shawl
£50 - nastygal.com


Etro paisley scarve
£430 - mytheresa.com


Burberry shawl
£250 - stylebop.com


Lily and Lionel scarve
£97 - matchesfashion.com


Faith connexion
£90 - net-a-porter.com


Scarve
avenue32.com






Sacai Women's Silk Paisley Print Scarf | LN-CC
ln-cc.com




Delightfully Dotty- for driving


Inspiration: 


-Vintage
-Vintage head scarves
-Vintage head scarves flying in the wind
-Vintage head scarves flying in the wind in vintage cars 
-Polka dot vintage head scarves flying in the wind in vintage cars
- '40s road trips
- Vintage films with couples driving through the countryside and falling in love on a summer's day







Scarf Shock {Delightfully Dotty}


French Connection polka dot scarve
£13 - usa.frenchconnection.com


Polka dot scarve
£33 - asos.com


Altea
farfetch.com



Vintage scarve
farfetch.com


Polka dot scarve
oliverbonas.com


French Connection polka dot scarve
£13 - usa.frenchconnection.com


People Tree oversized scarve
peopletree.co.uk


Dorothy Perkins oversized scarve
£12 - dorothyperkins.com


French Connection polka dot scarve
£13 - usa.frenchconnection.com


Marni
£61 - theoutnet.com


White Stuff white shawl
johnlewis.com


Polka dot scarve
matalan.co.uk


Polka dot scarve
houseoffraser.co.uk


Black shawl
£30 - styletread.com.au



Gothic Beauty- for a dinner party


Inspiration:


-Vampires
-Stylish goths like Mariana from Courtesan Macabre
-Sophisticated dinner parties that never seem as sophisticated in real as they do in films and on TV
-A Pretty Little Liars party that's expensive and beautiful but people die and secrets are unburied :O




Scarf Shock {Gothic Beauty}



Alexander mcqueen scarve
selfridges.com


Thomas Wylde silk scarve
£320 - jades24.com


Givenchy square scarve
£420 - barneys.com


Crafted skull scarve
republic.co.uk


By malene birger
question-air.com


Crafted skull scarve
republic.co.uk


Alexander mcqueen scarve
£425 - cultstatus.com.au


Givenchy square scarve
£420 - barneys.com


Stephan Schneider Steel Scarf
£130 - openingceremony.us


Stephan Schneider Balcony Scarf
£125 - openingceremony.us




The Sophisticate- for ladies luncheon 

Inspiration:

-Country Clubs
-Femininity 
-Pinks
-Creams
-Florals
-Silks
-Designer
-Sharpay Evans
-Lace

I got a little sidetracked at this point. I mentioned that Sharpay Evans from MY FAVOURITE MOVIE EVER (I'm kidding guys, I watched it all the time in year 6 to try and fit in though!) was one of the inspirations for this and here she is. On the page I got the image from was a quiz to find out which HSM character you are so obviously I had to take it! I was Troy: 'you are perceived as perfect: good-looking, intelligent and athletic. Girls want to date you and guys want to be like you. Secretly, you wish you didn't have to follow the pack. You set a good example to others and are kind to everyone.' It's a rubbish quiz by the way; virtually none of that is true but it's quite a flattering fantasy, apart from the following the crowd bit, I wouldn't want to do that.



Scarf Shock {The Sophisticate}


McQ by Alexander McQueen silk shawl
£195 - matchesfashion.com


Stella mccartney
£245 - mytheresa.com


Balenciaga silver shawl
£310 - balenciaga.com


Valentino square scarve
£120 - yoox.com


Leopard scarve
£19 - boohoo.com


Dorothy Perkins pink shawl
£13 - dorothyperkins.com


Ted baker
£69 - tedbaker-london.com


Fendi silk shawl
£82 - pret-a-beaute.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Nice really incredible fashion item. I always love to put this in my neck and its really great to look. I just ordered LV Louis Vuitton Takashi Murakami Limited EYE LOVE scarf (white) at PIJ. Hope this will get in a week. Thanks for your superb post.
    http://bit.ly/takashii

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...