Saturday, 25 February 2012

Pretty Passion, Fine Fashion #12

Pretty Passion.
Last month I watched The September Issue and The Devil Wears Prada back to back. Afterwards I felt inspired by both of them. I know it is a very heated debate that The September Issue is actually just like the real life version of The Devil Wears Prada but I love both of them so I don't have a problem with this. The Devil Wears Prada is such an iconic classic. Nearly everybody who has seen it. Like Mean Girls it is just one of those chick flicks that you have to watch.  
Fine Fashion.
I was very proud of myself when I thought of a rather creative title for this week's Fine Fashion about pastel colours. Drum roll please..."Light as a Feather." Of course, I am talking about Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Dior's omnipresent idea of pastels as the colours of the summer. My favourite pieces were in a pastel glacier blue but the lemony yellow is growing on me. Frosty hues do not need a contrasting orange-brown skin to compliment them. Frosty shades of colour look super modern on frosty-pale skin. However, light colours will keep you cool in the sun. You might want to buy some pastel-y clothes soon because in the UK we seem to be having our summer days super early this year (February, seriously, what is that about. Only a few weeks ago it was snowing.) Midi dresses are my favourite style for pastels; longer lengths add to the feeling of fresh summer purity. Pleats are chic as are broderie anglais details. You can wear them in any situation and they are ideal for summer. Wear in the garden, on the beach and perhaps even to work. Although these pieces are sweet, more frosty tones are the most stylish this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...