Friday, 27 January 2012

A Red Carpet- Hollywood Style


Not to stereotype but if we say that every girl dreams of being on the red carpet in a custom made couture dress with fans screaming her name and photographers snapping her perfectly made up face (that has been done by one of the best make up artists in the industry of course) then I would not be far off the truth. It is an illusion that many imagine; playing it out in their minds. Although I am doing drama GCSE I am not that delusional to think that that is my ticket to the red carpet. I feel as though I am aiming perfectly high enough in my goal of becoming a fashion journalist which is also on the stereotypical "unrealistic" scale and I hate it when people say that so I am not discrediting people who have a serious ambition at acting. However, trying not to sound too patronising, having a single ambition "to be famous" is a bit pathetic. It is a passion for acting that is more important; even if you have a few rubbish jobs. I would not mind working for the smallest company ever as long as I'm writing about something that interests me whilst I have that far off dream of being editor in chief at Vogue like an actress would be happy in a few small commercials but dreams of being a Hollywood superstar.

That was a bit long-winded but the point is, there is nothing wrong with fantasizing; dreaming. Which is what I was doing when making this collage.If were to take to the red carpet, this is the sort of thing that I would opt to wear. I would choose classic, timeless Hollywood glamour; at least for my red carpet d├ębut. After that I would go for something more daring; maybe a bit of McQueen. I hope that one day I will be in a situation when I can wear a gown-like dress. I also hope that one day I will save up to get a couture dress, or maybe I'll just buy some vintage Chanel... Anyway, that's another dream altogether. 

1 comment:

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...