Tuesday, 3 January 2012

New Style


(Jacket, Topshop. Dress, Topshop. Boots, Primark.)

I did not want to do a post that was like "look at me and all my wonderful Christmas presents" but I thought I would show you some of the purchases that I have made around this holiday period. I fell in love with bouclé jackets quite a while ago because I adore how much they relate to my favourite high fashion brand, Chanel. They are so smart and business-like yet can be dressed down with a plain tee, jeans and biker boots or you can dress it up by throwing it over a party dress. You can read my post on bouclé jackets here. There really is quite a story behind this jacket. Firstly, I was browsing the most recent Chanel show and trying to find high street items that could recreate the looks with. I found the jacket and matching skirt at Topshop and I had one of those "OhMyGodYes" moments. They came to around £90 together. I had some vouchers to spend in store so the price was not a problem but I rarely buy things online so I thought I would leave it. A few days later and the sales had begun. The jacket was down to £30 and the skirt down to £18. I nearly cried, I was so happy! Then the next day they were sold out. I almost cried I was so sad! Then we popped to the shops and voila, there they were in all their glory. I nearly cried, I was so happy! I know, it was such an emotional roller coaster. To make it more Chanel, I bought some pearls from Primark and I am going to sew them onto the pockets of the jacket and skirt. I'll keep you posted.   
My next item, you have seen a few times before. I wore it on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, to a friend's birthday party and to my mum's friend's dinner party. I do not usually over-wear clothes but I just wanted to make the most of it and remember it as my Christmas 2011 dress because I think that it is really lovely when clothes remind you of a specific time, especially when it brings happy memories and for me, Christmas is always brings good memories. Dark red is my colour this season. I just love everything in it; you might be able to tell from the fact that the aforementioned jacket is also dark red. I just find it so festively flattering. I definitely have a new favourite colour for clothes every season. Summer 2010 was coral. Winter 2011 was black. Summer 2011 was bright blue. Now Winter 2012 is dark red.
My final purchase that I have photographed is my new black suede over the knee boots. Now, when I think of black over the knee boots, the word prostitute jumps to mind but trust me, these can be classy. I have worn them a number of times over the past week. Once with my Fashion's Night Out 2011 t-shirt, the bouclé jacket pictures here, some pearl necklaces, a polka dot skirt and leggings. Again with a clashing print top, denim jacket and leggings. Also with a black t-shirt with frills at the bottom, black cardigan, pink necklace, pink striped tube skirt and leggings. As you can see, they are very versatile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...