Wednesday, 11 January 2012

My Drawings

Taken with instagram
Taken with instagram
Taken with instagram
Taken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagramTaken with instagram
When I was younger I loved to draw. Until the age of about seven I wanted to be an "artist." If I had kept that dream in mind it probably would have morphed into something like a fashion designer or a photographer when my passion for fashion came which was some years later. However, I soon discovered that I found the same comfort and the same way of expressing myself through writing and that became by new ambition and has been ever since. I first started to enjoy writing after a put together a little collection of short stories when I five. The words were big, messy and misspelt and the accompanying pictures were basic but, hey, I was five years old. That is my earliest memory or writing and I have loved it ever since. Although writing is a form of escapism, I often find it limiting, especially in fashion. If a picture speaks a thousand words, a drawing must speak around the same amount. In May last year I decided to try and find the same joy in drawing that I used to find by doing one hasty fashion sketch every night before going to sleep. It lasted a while and these are the results. Now, whenever I have an outfit in mind but do not have my laptop on me to simply add it to Styloko, I draw it. You can see these above. They are not works or art but I think you can tell what I was supposed to be drawing!

2 comments:

  1. love this draws and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to draw outfits too. I have a great little notebook with the shape of a person as I have no artistic abilities.

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...