Thursday, 3 November 2011

What a Wedding

Talking about the Vera Wang dress in my Sex and the City post from a few weeks ago got me thinking and I have decided on the style of wedding dress I would like for my wedding. Actually, I decided on the whole outfit, accessories included. I am aware that my preferences may change in between now and my actual wedding which I have no idea when it will be but I do not want to get married too young. I used to want to have meringue shaped dress but now I am really into more subtle classic looks. The design that I have come up with is actually quite similar to the bridesmaids dress that Pippa Middleton wore. Pippa meets Greek goddess I call it.
OUTFIT. Drawing is not my strong point. But then again it is hardly my weak point either (gymnastics is) so you should be able to get a rough idea of what the "Greek goddess meets Pippa Middleton dress" looks like. I will have to have a Pippa-esque figure to pull off this dress. I would like everything to be quite minimalist. The bouquet is tied up with a loose ribbon. The shoes are like gladiator sandals but with a small chunky heel and they are white. Of course there will be a classic veil but the headdress will be like a crown of leaves but made out of silver. A big original twist will be the white feather earrings. My hair will be natural but tamed slightly so that the frizzy curls transform into sleek waves. The lacy flower detail at the back nods towards subtle femininity.


LOCATION. Preferably a Greek island because that sounds romantic but otherwise anywhere that has a small white Church. It is so chic. Of course the view will be the same as the view I had on holiday in Cyprus. Ideally the guests would arrive in small white boats with ribbons on them but that does  sound rather cheesy, I know. 


REFRESHMENTS. If it is on a Greek island then olives will be a must. Actually, I think they are a stylish snack either way. And of course, there will be lots of champagne. Speaking of champagne, have you seen Moet and Chandon's new campaign involving Scarlett Johansson? If not then click here. I particularly love the first photo which I spotted in the latest issue of Vogue. 


CAKE. Something classic like a white tiered cake; but not fruit cake. I think it will have to be Victoria Sponge. I do not favour fruit cake. Victoria sponge FTW. 


GUESTS. Of course I shall have an all star guest list seeing the likes of Karl Lagerfeld, Anna Wintour and Tavi Gevinson as the celebrities of the fashion world. JLS and Busted will be there to sing love songs and to satisfy my hunger for meeting boy bands. Then Rihanna, Lady Gaga and The Queen will be there just so I can say to people, "Oh, by the way, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and The Queen came to my wedding." Emma Stone is my favourite actress at the moment so it only seems right that she should attend my wedding. Of course I will invite friends and  family too. 

GUY. I understand that with Emma Stone coming to my wedding it would be really awkward if I was marrying Andrew Garfield as they are currently an item (however, when I Googled them, there was speculation over whether he had cheated) but he is just so hot. Then of course, Jon Kortajarena who will ensure that I have even more connections in the fashion world. Obviously, I won't marry both but a girl has options. Hmm...Tall dark and handsome actor or tall, dark and handsome model? 


Image Sources from Collage

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...