Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Autumn Trends: Minibags

MINIBAGS. It's out with the hefty over sized bags and in with the chic, lightweight mini bag. I purchased my mini bag from high street store, Select, for only £6. Select do a range of colours and styles. Mine is patent red and you have probably seen it before as I had it on me every night on holiday. Below is another picture just in case you have not seen it:
Out of all the other colours and styles (patent black and brown is what I can remember) I chose this one because it was the most formal, the perfect evening bag. The only down side of mini bags is that they are not functional enough for the daytime. Big bags are still the only alternative. However, this season there is a new way to carry your day bag: either hold it under your arm or clutch it to your chest, both times ignoring the strap.

New Look do a wide selection with prices ranging from around £6.99 to about £12.99.

Topshop do gorgeous variations from £20-£50.

Now, taking a huge leap up the price scale, Dolce and Gabbana's sparkly Miss Sicily bag is available for £675.

Moving even further up to Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Roberto Cavalli and finally Hermes (their Illico bag is a pricey £4,100) all do variations of the oh so stylish mini bag.

My favourite is the red (I think I have a thing for red mini bags at the moment) boxy Gucci 1973 bag. I was so happy when I discovered that my bag for £6.99 from Select looked almost identical to a Gucci bag. I have expensive designer taste even when I don't realise something is expensive/designer! Oh dear, I see a future of debt ahead of me... Confessions of a Shopaholic in real life incoming...

MY FAVOURITE.

CATWALK FAVE.
Source: http://www.madisonmag.com.au/fashion/lust-have-gucci-bag.html
HIGH STREET FAVE.

Finally, a mini bag that I am attracted to that is not red. I like the shape of this and the shade of green is one of many bright colours that are suitable for autumn. Would look great with a red jumper and bright blue jeans.

BLOGGER FAVE.
Oh dear, guys. I think greeny hues might be the new red. The Chicmuse never ceases to amaze me with her beautiful clothes and photographs. I am still seething with envy over those Prada shades.
Whilst we are talking about chicmuse you might have noticed that the link to my blog is thechicmuse000. I honestly did not know that there was a blog called chicmuse at the time. I tried to change it but then people just got confused because the link didn't work etcetera, etcetera. However, if you type Pretty Passions, Fine Fashions into a search engine then my blog is the first result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...