Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Autumn Trends: The Midi

THE MIDI. The midi is as elegant as a 19th Century ball gown and as glamorous as Vogue magazine itself. What more can be said other than that this is the length of the season.
HIGH STREET FAVE.
Reduced from £34.99 to £15 at River Island

Oh I love pleated chiffon. Last season it came in the form of maxi skirts but now they have gone through the chop and come out shorter. Mid calf is the most desirable length.


CATWALK FAVE.

Marc Jacobs really worked around midi skirts in their Autumn/Winter collection. Almost every look included a midi length in some way or other. Some were more bold than others and they all took on other trends at the same time such as outsize coats, a sixties monochrome pallette and spots.
BLOGGER FAVE.
I think this outfit is so striking. The chicken compliments the Sea of Shoes blogger's red hair and pale complexion. The hat is very Louis Vuitton and the gold birds on the dress are eye catchingly stunning.

CELEB FAVE.
Image from http://stylaurista.blogspot.com/2011/06/midi-dress.html
Style Icon Alexa Chung works this Chanel frock. It's a lovely word frock but I think it only suits certain dresses, like this one. My favourite designer label does it again, tres chic! Oh, to be able to afford couture...

MY FAVE.
Hairband, Charity Shop. Necklaces, Primark. T-shirt, Hollister. Bag, Select. Skirt, River Island. Sandals, Lilley and Skinner.

Yes, you have seen this look before in one of my previous posts but I just thought I would emphasise the effect of this midi skirt which I think is a bold, statement, catwalk looking piece that I bought from the high street store River Island for only £5!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...